May 18, 2018
Students in grades 9-12 that are interested in a career in the Health field are invited to the OAHS Health Careers Camp on June 20th from 8-3:30. There is no charge for this hands-on experience that showcases many careers within the health field. See Mr. Seemann for more information.
Attention Grades 7 – 12: All books are due back in by Wednesday, May 23. Thank You!!
Seniors will check in their devices starting on Monday May 21st and must include: laptop, charger and case.
Track Banquet Tuesday May 29th at 6:00 in the commons. It is a potluck.
Yearbook for sale in office at break and during lunch. Cost is $45.
V Softball home vs Ashby start 4:00
V Baseball home vs WHN start 5:00
7/8 baseball home vs WHN start 5:00
Golf away at LQPB start 3:30
There are 2 $400 scholarships offered to Ortonville seniors by the Big Stone American Legion. Priority is given to children of Veterans, but is not required. See Mr. Seemann for more details and deadline.
Scholarship opportunity: Ortonville Education Association is offering a $500 scholarship. Stop by the office for information and forms.
OAHS Auxiliary scholarship information is in the office.
Top ten reasons why you should buckle up!
10. If buckled up you can be sure of staying at the wheel and in control of the vehicle. This increases your ability to properly react to any situation and pose less of a threat to other drivers.
9. In a road traffic accident, passengers who are not buckled up will fly toward the point of impact, colliding with anything in their path such as dashboards, windshield or steering wheels with several pounds of moving force.
8. It’s a federal and state law.
7. Good drivers usually do not cause collisions, but they are often involved in crashes caused by other drivers. If you are in a crash, safety belt use can save your life and prevent long-term disability.
6. Driving for extended periods of time or in heavy traffic can be stressful and your awareness can be reduced. Safety belt use keeps you in a better position to stay aware of your surroundings at all times.
5. Driving at night, you are more likely to encounter impaired drivers; you must be in good control of your vehicle at all times.
4. You must maintain control of your vehicle to ensure defensive driving measures.
3. You are four times more likely to be killed if you’re ejected from a vehicle and fourteen times as likely to receive a spinal cord injury. Safety belts prevent you from going through a windshield.
2. When you wear your safety belt, your chances of being injured or killed are reduced by up to 50 percent.
1. And the #1 reason why you should always BUCKLE UP? You are someone’s son, daughter, mom, dad, husband, wife, or friend! The life you save may be your own!